Due to the spread of COVID-19 or Coronavirus Eastside Genealogical Society has decided to cancel our March general meeting to comply with the recommendations of the King County Public Health Department. In addition, EGS will suspend our Library Helper activities for the remainder of the month of March. Our Special Interest Groups may also be cancelling their activities for the month of March. You should check with your SIG leader before going to any meetings.
In addition, King County Library System has cancelled the use of their meeting rooms until April 15th, so that will eliminate our April general meeting as well. We will try to reschedule these speakers when the restrictions have been removed.
The Department recommendation reads as follows:
Public Health is recommending, but not requiring, the following steps:
- People at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible, including public places with lots of people and large gatherings where there will be close contact with others. People at higher risk include:
- People 60 and older
- People with underlying health conditions including heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- People who have weakened immune systems
- People who are pregnant
- Workplaces should enact measures that allow people who can work from home to do so. Taking these measures can help reduce the number of workers who come into contact with COVID-19 and help minimize absenteeism due to illness
- If you can feasibly avoid bringing large groups of people together, consider postponing events and gatherings.
- Public Health is not recommending closing schools at this time. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, Public Health will work with the school and the district to determine the best measures including potential closure of the school.
- All people should not go out when they are sick.
For additional information see the following web page. Click Here.
Our Speaker for April would have been Cyndi Ingle of “Cyndi’s List”. Click below for a flyer about her presentation. cyndi ingle flyer (6)