Due to the COVID-19 pandemic most if not all of the activities listed below have moved to Zoom cloud meetings or been suspended. Please contact the SIG leader for an update of when and how the group is meeting.
Below is a general listing of the various meeting times and places for our General Meetings, and the Special Interest Group meetings. You can use the calendar in the footer to figure out what date the various meetings will be held.
Due to library closures the weekly assistance is now being offered over Zoom. You can schedule an appointment with a volunteer through the King County Library website. https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/search/q=genealogy
A volunteer member of the Society is available for assistance to anyone at the library. Volunteers are in Room 6 on the second floor and are available every Wednesday from 1 to 3 pm and Sundays from 2 to 4 pm. They answer questions and give advice about using the Bellevue Regional Library and about other resources in the library but do not conduct any research.
Janet Stroebel leads an Ancestry.com help session every month on the 2nd Tuesday, 1-4 pm in the computer lab, Bellevue Regional Library. No appointment needed.
2nd Thursdays (except July, August and December):
Monthly Eastside Genealogical Society meeting at 7:00pm at Bellevue Library (except for January, 2020)
Read about our next meeting here.
Here are the dates for our various Special Interest Group meetings.
First Fridays (except July, August and December):
- German SIG meets at the LDS Church (Relief Society Room) at 10675 NE 20th St, Bellevue from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM.
- The Unofficial TMG Discussion Group meets. See SIG page for location and time.
- Legacy SIG Meets the 3rd Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Relief Society Room of the LDS Church at 10675 NE 20th St, Bellevue, WA. The doors will be open at 12:15 p.m. for networking. Visitors are always welcome at our meetings.
- Family Tree Maker SIG Meets at Newcastle Library at 10:30 AM. See Special Interest Groups page for exceptions and meeting dates
- Italian SIG Meets at the LDS Church (Relief Society Room) at 10675 NE 20th St, Bellevue, at 1:30 PM.
DNA SIG meets via Zoom at 1:00 pm. If you wish to attend DNA SIG meetings , send an email request to Bruce Lee at email@example.com to receive the Zoom link.
- The Irish SIG will meet on the fourth Thursday for their monthly IRISH SIG Zoom Meeting at 1:00 pm. Please contact Diane Hughes-Hart prior to our meeting to get the Zoom meeting ID.
Diane’s contact information – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile: 206-819-4653 (call or text).
- Computer SIG Meets in the Community Room at Crossroads Shopping Center at 9:30 AM.